Running log

Finally, some rain! A great excuse to hit the treadmill. I did 6 Thursday, weights Friday, and 10 on the treadmill this morning. I watched a lousy movie, The murder of Crows, with Cuba Gooding. Let this one sit on the shelf at Netflix. I am amazed that I actually made it through the whole thing, but TV was even worse. Needless to say, I don't just go 10 on the treadmill without some diversion. I like to multitask, so watching a video while doing long runs is the ticket. When I am outside, I love lectures from the Teaching Company on the IPod. If you haven't heard of these guys I strongly recommend getting to know them. (www.teach12.com)They have a plethora of college level courses that range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Something for everyone. I love their stuff on the Bible and early Christianity. The folks lecturing are not the Ben Stein monotones. These folks are dynamic, proven educators that really keep your interest. I felt pretty good after 10 today, so I may try to repeat that tomorrow. We will see.
Run long.

3 Comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Ron! Just wanted to take a minute to say I have really enjoyed clicking around and reading your site today. I have learned a lot and plan to visit often. I was happy to see you posted the lectures you told me about. I will dowload one to my ipod for my next long run. I am impressed with you dedication to health for yourself and others. Thanks for your expertise.

Women's Online Wellness Blog said...

Natalie, thanks for checking things out. I hope you like the book, although you are already doing the right things!

Women's Online Wellness Blog said...

Natalie, thanks for checking things out. I hope you like the book, although you are already doing the right things!