running log

I did 5 Monday, 5 Tuesday, and 6 today. Monday and Tuesday I began inserting speed intervals to help increase fitness. Studies show that inserting short (3-5minutes) of an increased pace can improve fitness, especially if you have hit a plateau. I have also found that changing a workout can nip boredom in workout routines. I'm not a big fan of hill work, mainly because IT HURTS, but I realize that an occasional hill workout can markedly improve not only my legs but eventually my attitude. It's all about staying motivated. As I say in my book, fitness is 75% above the neck.
I have been using a new toy the past few months. Oakely makes a great combination sunglasses/mp3 player called Thumps. It's a great alternative to Ipods as it combines shades with tunes(or in my case lectures or podcasts). Check them out at www. oakley.com/thump.

0 Comments: