Running log

Did 12.25 Saturday AM on the canal and downtown Augusta. I had forgotten how wonderfully serene everything is at 6:30 AM on a Saturday. For those in the area, if you have never experienced the Savannah Riverbanks and the canal footpath early in the morning you have missed a great time. I highly recommend it...just remember to bring your own water, especially this time of year. I have found that these early morning runs continue to ground me. I have been spending a great deal of time lately reviewing such riveting topics as the Krebs cycle, metabolism of carbohydrates, and the like. On my run, I felt this overwhelming sense of gratitude and humility for the miracle that is our body. God painted a masterpiece when he created us, each one an exercise in complexity that befuddles me. It is an absolute miracle that we are able to do all the things we do-most of them in total ignorance of even their existence. Understanding this amazing body makes me want to take care of it even more. I hope I can help others appreciate this miracle on a daily basis.
Run Long.

0 Comments: