Running log

There are times in our busy lives that we need to sit back and just ask...why? Today is one of those days. i knew I wanted to do a long run this morning (before it got hot) so I put on my trusty Garmin Forerunner and started out from the house. I was thinking ...maybe 10 or 12 would be nice. I was feeling pretty good, so I just kept going. When I finally started to fatigue a bit I looked at my mileage and realized I had done 16 and still was not home. Here is when I began thinking ...why? By the time I made it to the house I had done 18.3 and was feeling pretty bad. My wife just looked at me upon entering the house and she likewise asked the question of the day...why? My answer was about as profound as I could muster at that point. "Well, cough, I just thought if I could do it..why not" Those of you who are not runners will have a hard time understanding the logic in that, but my fellow runners are nodding their heads in total comprehension. One of the things I like about running is that sometimes there is no real explanation for spending 3 hours on a Saturday morning pushing yourself, you just do it because you can. And I believe I am a better person for it.

0 Comments: