running log

I did a quick 3 on Monday on the treadmill. I was on call so I had to be near a phone. I have found the biggest challenge to my running schedule is being flexible enough to vary the distances based on time available. I would drive myself nuts if I tried to maintain a rigid schedule because sometimes silly things like work and family take precedence!
Today I did an easy six, but the wind made it challenging. I can only imagine the way the Boston crowd felt on Patriot's day at about mile 23 when the wind hit them full force. Not a pleasant experience. The last time I did Boston was 2005, and it was in the 80's. That was no fun either. I am thinking about doing the big one again in 2008 (I'm too slow to qualify, I get in with the American Runners Association). It's such an amazing experience being there with all these great runners. I love taking my family and sharing the experience. Maybe...just maybe they will remember what an important role fitness played in their mom and dad's lives, and it will rub off on them.

0 Comments: