Running log

Had a good week with mileage. About 50 this week. I want to keep this base as I decide on the next race. I'm really looking serious at Las Vegas in Dec. I finally broke down and bought my wife a Garmin 101 GPS tracker so she can accurately track her miles. She is going to do the Kiawah half one week after being with me in Vegas(watching and shopping), so I felt she needed an accurate tool to measure her distance and pace. For any folks who have never used one of these devices, splurge a bit and have a ball. It is amazing the data you can collect, everything from pace to heart rate to elevation and much more. I am not a structured trainer other than mileage (not much into tempo runs or hill repeats etc) but it is fun to track heart rate changes and exact distances on routes, especially if you run various routes. I hate to say that my pace is so predictable that I really don't need a timer as I can be very close in calculating distance by just my time, so maybe this will push me to vary things and increase speed and fitness.
Run Long

0 Comments: