The Phedippidations WorldWide Half Marathon

This morning I ran in the coolest half marathon I have ever done, because I ran it with over 800 kindred spirits around the world. In a previous blog I talked about The Phedippidations WorldWide Half Marathon. This is an amazingly unique event that allows people from all over the world (40 countries) to run 13.1 miles wherever they are and report the results online. There has been training tips, message boards, podcasts and overall friendship building in the months leading up to this. I did my route (a great jaunt on the Augusta Canal and then some) in 2:03:49 for a 9:27 pace average. This is about my usual pace and I was okay with this given that I was by myself. If you are a runner, I encourage you to go to www.steverunner.com and get info on the phedippidations podcast and all the fun you can have while punishing your body. We even got a virtual goody bag!
I am well into my training for Las Vegas and having a blast planning the trip and the shows the girls want to see. I am amazed at how many family friendly shows are playing in "Sin City". I'm sure its the old image change thing as they have discovered that there is mucho buckos to be made from us non gambling types.
Keep smiling and...run long.

0 Comments: