Running log

I just completed registration for the December Las Vegas Marathon...pray for me! Actually, this is a great time of year for me as my allergies seem to take a hiatus during the holidays, and plane fairs haven't gone up. We are going to take the kids on this one. I think it is incredibly important for them to see their parents actively practicing what they preach. One of these days it might actually sink in that this exercise stuff is good for them. And with this generation of folks, you have to show them, not just tell them. A big part of the Fat Proof lifestyle is being role models for the kids. They pay much more attention to what you do and not to what you say. This will be loads of fun (some good shows and eats!) and the best thing is that the course is relatively flat. This has become a big consideration as I age. The one thing I have discovered is that I don't recover from hill training like I use to. This goes back to the whole listen to your body thing. The biggest chore for me is to not only to listen but to not delude myself as to what I hear. We all have limitations. That is not an excuse, it is reality. That is certainly not to say that limitations are ..well...limiting, but smart training allows you to explore those limits without hurting yourself. I did 16.5 on the treadmill this AM (2 episodes of HBO's Rome and 1 episode of Lost) and worked in some hills and a little speed work. That's what I love about the treadmill, it allows you to customize things based on how you feel and not be limited by the route. By the way, tonight is the first game of the season for my beloved UT Vols. Go Big Orange!
Run Long.

0 Comments: